In addition to the "Purchase Requisition" for contractor services, the following documentation is required to perform the contracting process. Delays in processing the "Purchase Requisition" can occur if the following documents are not submitted:
1) Completed Sole Source Justification Online Form (above)
2) Copy of the page from the funding source or grantding agency showing where the contractor is SPECIFICALLY NAMED to perform the service. (See section VI a, Competition Not Appropriate)
3) Form 1632--Employee vs. Independent Contractor Checklist. (You can find this form in the Contract/Forms section of the DAS Tool Box). This is mandatory by the IRS; for payments to individuals only (Go to www.washington.edu/admin/sp/office/EmployeeVs.pdf and print. Send completed form to Sr. Contracts Manager, UWT Administrative Services, Campus Box 358431.
4) Scope of Work (Statement of Work) signed by the contractor showing:
a. Start date and completion date (mandatory)
b. Clear description of services the contractor is to perform; include due dates for any written/oral reports or other deliverables.
c. Contractor hourly rates (mandatory), number of work hours, cost per deliverable, allowable expenses, total cost of contract.
5. Contractor's Proposal
a. Must include all information as required in #4 above.
6. W-9 Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. Mandatory by IRS, for payables to individuals, partnerships and corporations. (Go to www.irs.gov. Clicl on Form w-9 and print.)
Any of the above items not uploaded as part of the Sole Source Justification Form must be sent to Sr. Contracts Manager, UWT Administrative Services, Campus Box 358431.
For questions regarding Sole Source Requirements or Personal Service Contracts, please contact Joe Sabo, Sr. Contracts Manager, UWT Administrative Services, Campus Box 358431.