Financial aid FAQ
Completing the FAFSA
- When do I need to submit a new FAFSA?
- Do I need to include my parents' information on my FAFSA?
- Do I need to include parent information on the FAFSA if I am married?
- What is the UW Tacoma FAFSA code? (Is it the same as the UW Seattle FAFSA code?)
- I lost my job, or my income has changed, since I submitted my FAFSA.
Receiving and using your aid
- How do I check the status of my financial aid?
- When will I get my financial aid award letter?
- How do I receive my money after my tuition is paid?
- I have an outside source paying my tuition, where should I send the funds?
- I need to send in a form to my loan source saying I'm going to school here full time.
- What happens if I withdraw from classes?
- Can I use financial aid for books or housing?
- If I start in spring quarter (or winter), will my loans transfer to UW Tacoma from my current school?
- How do I apply for work study?
- How do I find a work study job?
- How do I get a job referral form?
- How do I access off-campus time sheets?
Contacting an aid counselor
- When is staff available?
- Can I set up an appointment?
- There is a hold on my financial aid. Who do I need to talk to?
- Can I fax my forms or documents?