- Create an FSA ID. You will need one for yourself (and your parent if applicable). The FSA ID allows you to apply online for federal aid, make corrections to your FAFSA, and access your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Submit your FAFSA online. We recommend you transmit your application no later than February 15.
- Include the UW school code on the FAFSA (there is one school code for all UW campuses) 003798.
- You will receive an email from the federal processor to access your student aid report (SAR) once your FAFSA is processed. If you did not supply an email address, a paper SAR will be mailed to you. You must make any corrections requested on the form and mail or transmit it back as directed.
- You may be asked at any time to submit documents or other information to be used in the review of your application. Please respond to any request as soon as possible; review of your file may be delayed until all requested documents are submitted.
- Wait for your award offer from the University of Washington. This may come electronically or by mail. Your award may be an estimate until we complete the review of your FAFSA information. Please accept your aid as directed, even if you are requesting or expecting changes. Unaccepted awards are subject to cancellation.