International Students masthead image with link to International Students home page

Qualify for I-20

You will need to submit the following documents in order for UW Tacoma to issue your I-20. Everything scanned by email to is fine, or you may mail or fax the information to our office. Graduate students may upload documents to their myGRAD account.

  1. Statement of Responsibility form (PDF);
  2. Bank statement that is dated within the last six months (the amount for undergraduate students is $50,067 and the amount for graduate students is $49,488);
  3. Copy of your passport data page (the page with your picture on it); and
  4. Copy of your I-94 card, if you are already studying in the United States. Go here to get your I-94 number online now!
  5. Copy of F-1 visa and previous I-20, if you are already studying in the United States.

Transfer of SEVIS record (for students coming from another school in the U.S.)

If you are transferring from a college or high school in the U.S. where you studied in F-1 status, then you will need to transfer your SEVIS record to our campus before we can issue your new I-20.

The name of our campus in SEVIS is "University of Washington Tacoma" and the SEVIS code is SEA214F00030000.

Complete the top portion of the International Student Transfer Verification form (PDF) and give it to your current international student adviser to finish the bottom portion. We cannot issue your new I-20 until we receive this form and the transfer-out date set by your school has been reached.