Apply Now

Submitting transcripts

An accurate and complete listing of all courses completed during grades 9-11, as well as courses to be completed during your senior year must be listed in the coursework grid that is part of the application. It is imperative that you carefully follow the instructions for completing the coursework grid. Without clear and complete self-reported information, your application will not be fully reviewed and you will be ineligible for admission.

High school transcripts

You should NOT send high school transcripts at the time of application if you:

  • Attended high school in Washington or elsewhere in the U.S. (If the Office of Admissions determines that your high school transcript is needed, you will be contacted at the email address you provide on your application.)

You must submit official high school transcripts with your application ONLY IF you:

  • Attended high school outside the U.S. If you attended any part of grades 9-12 outside the U.S., you must submit your official high school transcripts, along with official English translations of these transcripts (if they are in another language). These must be original records directly from those schools, not just recorded on a U.S. high school transcript.
  • Were homeschooled. Documentation for course work completed through home school education along with required, supplemental test results must be submitted. Consult the guidelines for a description of required documentation.
  • Are no longer in high school. If you have already graduated or have left high school with no expectation of graduating, your final high school transcript is required showing all course work attempted or completed during your high school years.

College transcripts

If you enrolled in college course work at any time before your senior year, you must submit an official transcript from each college attended. College enrollment includes course work attempted or completed during summer school; through distance or online learning; and through Running Start programs or other dual-enrollment programs in conjunction with a regionally accredited college or university. Note: If the college you attended was the University of Washington, you do not need to request a UW transcript.

If you attended a Washington state community or technical college, you must contact the community college to request that transcripts be sent. It is preferred that Washington community colleges send transcripts electronically. UW Tacoma’s institution code for electronic transcripts is 412.

Final high school and college transcripts

If you are admitted and choose to enroll, you must submit official final high school transcripts at the end of your senior year. Final college transcripts are also required for applicants who attended college. Verification that all admission requirements have been satisfied will be confirmed at that time, and the offer of admission will be withdrawn if important discrepancies are discovered.

Final transcripts must be submitted after all grades have been recorded and are due no later than July 1. Transcripts of coursework completed during the summer after high school graduation must be submitted no later than September 1.

What makes a transcript "official"?

A transcript is considered official if it bears the official seal and authorizing signature of the issuing institution and is:

  1. Sent directly by the school to UW Tacoma (either by mail or electronically).
  2. Sealed in an envelope by the school and mailed or delivered to UW Tacoma by you. If you open the envelope, the transcript is no longer official.

Where do I send my transcripts?

Send all transcripts to:

University of Washington Tacoma
Office of Admissions
Campus Box 358400
1900 Commerce Street
Tacoma, WA 98402-3100

The UW Tacoma institution code for electronic transcripts is 412.