Unless otherwise noted, final examinations take place at the same time and in the same location that the class regularly meets. During summer quarter, exams are held on the last day of classes.
|Autumn Quarter 2013||Winter Quarter 2014||Spring Quarter 2014|
|If the class meets on…||The exam will be held...||The exam will be held…||The exam will be held…|
|Mondays only||Monday, December 9||Monday, March 17||Monday, June 9|
|Tuesdays only||Tuesday, December 10||Tuesday, March 18||Tuesday, June 10|
|Wednesdays only||Wednesday, December 11||Wednesday, March 19||Wednesday, June 11|
|Thursdays only||Thursday, December 12||Thursday, March 20||Thursday, June 12|
|Fridays only||Friday, December 13||Friday, March 21||Friday, June 6|
|Saturdays only||Saturday, December 7||Saturday, March 15||Saturday, June 7|
|Mondays & Wednesdays & Fridays||Monday, December 9||Monday, March 17||Monday, June 9|
|Mondays & Wednesdays 8:00A - 10:05A||Monday, December 9||Monday, March 17||Monday, June 9|
|Mondays & Wednesdays 10:20A - 12:25P||Wednesday, December 11||Wednesday, March 19||Wednesday, June 11|
|Mondays & Wednesdays 1:30P - 3:35P||Monday, December 9||Monday, March 17||Monday, June 9|
|Mondays & Wednesdays 4:15P - 6:20P||Wednesday, December 11||Wednesday, March 19||Wednesday, June 11|
|Mondays & Wednesdays 6:30P - 8:35P||Monday, December 9||Monday, March 17||Monday, June 9|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays 8:00A - 10:05A||Tuesday, December 10||Tuesday, March 18||Tuesday, June 10|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays 10:20A - 12:25P||Thursday, December 12||Thursday, March 20||Thursday, June 12|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays 1:30P - 3:35P||Tuesday, December 10||Tuesday, March 18||Tuesday, June 10|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:15P - 6:20P||Thursday, December 12||Thursday, March 20||Thursday, June 12|
|Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:30P - 8:35P||Tuesday, December 10||Tuesday, March 18||Tuesday, June 10|
Final examinations should be administered in accordance with the examination schedule. The vice chancellor for academic affairs may permit an instructor to change the time of a final examination upon prior application demonstrating good cause for such change. In such cases, the following guidelines shall be observed:
- With the vice chancellor's permission the final examination may be postponed or moved to an earlier time within the examination period if agreed to by all students and the instructor. Before approving the rescheduling of a final examination, the vice chancellor shall obtain assurances that the change will not have an undue adverse impact on the students. The dean shall notify the registrar of the approval granted for the date of a final examination.
- An instructor shall not schedule a final class examination before the beginning of finals week. An instructor shall not, except in very unusual circumstances, grant permission to individual students for an early examination. If the student is unable to take an examination on the scheduled date, the procedure outlined in the following paragraph should be followed.
- A student absent from any examination through sickness or other cause, judged by the instructor to be unavoidable, shall be given an opportunity to take a rescheduled examination or perform work judged by the instructor to be the equivalent.
If the instructor determines that neither alternative is feasible during the current quarter, the instructor may exempt the student from the requirement. Examples of unavoidable cause include death or serious illness in the immediate family, illness of the student, and, provided previous notification is given, observance of regularly scheduled religious obligations, and might possibly include attendance at academic conferences or field trips, or participation in university-sponsored activities such as debating contests or athletic competition.
Students are responsible for taking any number of examinations for which they are scheduled on a given day.
- Multiple section courses, courses with two or more lecture or lab sections in a given quarter, may schedule a common final with the approval from the dean and the registrar. Common finals will usually be held the Saturday before or during finals, or on occasion in the evening.
Common finals dates and times are normally indicated in the comment section of the Time Schedule, under individual course listings. They will be announced at the beginning of the quarter in each course section, and included in the course syllabus. The times for common finals differ from the times shown in the above examination schedule. A make-up examination time is to be arranged for any student who cannot be present for the common final.
- If an examination is held during finals week at a time other than what the schedule indicates, instructors must contact their departmental Time Schedule Coordinator who will confirm a classroom location with the Room Assignments Office.
Questions concerning the examination schedule should be directed to the Office of the Registrar, Room Scheduling at 253-692-4401.