Students who have completed a minimum number of credits at the Tacoma campus are eligible to register for a maximum of five credits per quarter at one of the other UW campuses in Seattle or Bothell during Registration Period II:
- Freshmen must have completed at least 25 credits.
- Sophomores, juniors, seniors and postbaccalaureate students must have completed at least 15 credits.
- There are no restrictions on graduate students registering in courses cross-campus.
Undergraduate students are limited to a total of 45 credits through cross-campus registration.
- A student may declare a major on only one campus; a student cannot declare a cross-campus double major or double degree. A student who wishes to complete two majors on two different campuses must first graduate with a major from one campus, then gain admission as a postbaccalaureate student to complete the second major at the other campus.
- Only credits taken at the campus granting the degree are considered residence credit. Credits transferred from another UW campus don't count as residence credit, and don't count toward the final-year residence requirement.
- Non-matriculated students may not enroll cross campus except in summer quarter.