Vehicle Checkout Procedures
UW Tacoma Vehicle Check Out Procedures
- Submit a vehicle request using the online Motor Pool Request Form. Note that vehicles are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Vehicle keys can be picked up at the Facilities office located at MAT 004 between 7:30AM and 4:00PM. If you are not able to pick up the vehicle keys during these hours, please make appropriate arrangements with Facilities.
- User must also present his/her valid driver's license for file/record at time of checkout.
- Fill out the UW Tacoma Motor Pool Check List. Be sure to list starting and ending odometer readings.
- A credit card will be issued for gasoline purchase when keys are picked up.
- The vehicle should have at least a full tank of fuel upon departure. To avoid additional charges, be sure to return the vehicle with a full tank of gas.
- Retain the gas receipt and turn it in with UW Tacoma Motor Pool Check List, key and credit card upon return.
- Insurance information and emergency procedures will be located in the vehicle glove compartment.
- If your plans change and you do not need the car, please cancel your reservations immediately.
- Reservations can be made up to two weeks in advance.
- If you are unable to return the vehicle on the agreed date/time or by 4PM, you must contact UWT Facilities at 253.692.5700.