Director of the VIBE,
Office: Tioga Library Building 307A
Cell Phone: 253-225-4413
Tom emigrated from Thailand at age 7 with his mother and brother. Tom’s mother married a US Air Force service member during the Vietnam War, and moved to the U.S., where they lived in California, Texas, Oklahoma before putting down roots in Washington.
Immediately following high school graduation, Tom enlisted in the US Air Force and faithfully served his country for 20 years in both active duty and reserves. While in the US Air Force, Tom worked as a Hydraulics/Pneudraulics Aircraft technician, specializing in the C-130, C-141, and C-17 aircraft.
While in the reserve, Tom started in his commercial banking career. After 24 years in the commercial banking industry, Tom started multiple businesses. His most recent business is an insurance brokerage and business consulting firm. Tom worked mostly for the regional commercial community banks in the Puget Sound Region, helping many local businesses achieve their dreams. Tom’s experiences in the banking and financing field extend to:
- Commerical Lending
- Portfolio Managment
- Branch Management
- Marketing and Business Development
- Sales Management for the Northwest Market
- Bank SBA Specialist
Tom has devoted time and energy to multiple local boards and organizations, including:
- International Community Health Services, Seattle, Finance Chair
- YMCA, Chair of the Tacoma Center Advisory Board and Metro Board Member
- Brotherhood, program mentoring high schools at Lincoln High School, Tacoma
- Banking Specialist for the SBA's B2B program
- Panelist for Banking Q&A sessions in the Puget Sound Region
Tom graduated from Washington State University and Western Commercial Lending School (University of Nevada, Reno).