All data is based on Autumn 2020 enrollment.
5,380 total headcount
- 359 Faculty headcount
- 16:1 Faculty-student ratio
Top high schools for entering first-year students
- Mt. Tahoma HS
- Federal Way Sr HS
- Puyallup HS
- Kent Meridian HS
- Thomas Jefferson HS
Top transfer institutions
- Tacoma Community College
- Pierce College
- Highline College
- Green River College
- South Puget Sound Community College
- 53% Female
- 47% Male
20% Asian American
9% African American
9% Two or More Indicated
1% Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
1% Native American
2% Not Indicated
- 93% in-state residents
- 83% of students attend full time
- 56% students whose parents do not have college degrees
- 68% of students receive financial aid
- 44% of students eligible for Pell grants
- 10% of student receive veterans benefits (17% of students are military-affiliated)
- The University of Washington Tacoma is accredited as a unit of the University of Washington by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.
- UW Tacoma awarded $51.8 million in financial aid in the 2019-20 academic year.
- UW Tacoma's overall economic impact to the state of Washington was $313.5 million. (Parker Philips, April 2019)
- The campus consists of 22 buildings on 46 acres with a total of 1,001,112 square feet of active campus space.
- Retail stores, restaurants and office tenants lease almost 120,000 square feet of campus commercial space.
Degrees and majors
See the current list of undergraduate and graduate degrees available at UW Tacoma