All data is based on Autumn 2019 enrollment.
5,352 total headcount
- 358 Faculty headcount
- 16:1 Faculty-student ratio
Top high schools for entering first-year students
- Puyallup High School
- Kentridge High School
- Curtis High School
- Mt. Tahoma High School
- Kent Meridian High School
Top transfer institutions
- Tacoma Community College
- Pierce College
- Highline College
- Green River College
- Olympic College
- 53% Female
- 47% Male
- 40% Caucasian
- 19% Asian American
- 14% Hispanic/Latino
- 9% African American
- 8% Two or more indicated
- 5% International students
- 1% Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
- 1% American Indian
- 3% Not indicated
- 93% in-state residents
- 84% of students attend full time
- 56% students whose parents do not have college degrees
- 73% of students receive financial aid
- 45% of students eligible for Pell grants
- 10% of student receive veterans benefits (17% of students are military-affiliated)
- The University of Washington Tacoma is accredited as a unit of the University of Washington by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.
- UW Tacoma awarded $50.1 million in financial aid in the 2017-18 academic year.
- UW Tacoma's overall economic impact to the state of Washington was $313.5 million. (Parker Philips, April 2019)
- The campus consists of 22 buildings on 46 acres with a total of 1,001,112 square feet of active campus space.
- UW Tacoma offers on-campus housing at the Court 17 Apartments where 280 students currently live.
- 50 retail stores, restaurants and office tenants lease almost 120,000 square feet of campus commercial space, generating more than $17 million in annual revenue.
Degrees and majors
See the current list of undergraduate and graduate degrees available at UW Tacoma