Applying for dual enrollment

Main page content

These instructions are for current Tacoma Community College students who wish to take classes at UW Tacoma before applying. Current UW Tacoma students who wish to take classes at TCC can find instructions here.

Dual enrollment requirements

Dual enrollment students must meet the following requirements:

  • Complete 15 transferable, college-level credits at Tacoma Community College
  • Achieve 2.75 or higher cumulative GPA from all colleges attended
  • Complete English composition with a 2.0 or higher
  • Have less than 75 college-level credits
  • Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended

Dual Enrollment students may take up to 25 credits at UW Tacoma before being required to submit a complete Transfer application. Students will not be considered a degree-seeking student until a complete Transfer application is submitted. Participation in the Dual Enrollment program does not guarantee admission to UW Tacoma or to any UW Tacoma degree program.


  • Apply online
  • Submit official transcripts from Tacoma Community College. Official academic transcripts can be sent in electronic form. UW Tacoma's electronic transcript code is 412. 

When should I submit my application?

  • Autumn Quarter: March 15
  • Spring Quarter: February 15

We strongly recommend that you apply before the application deadline. Admission to the dual enrollment program is open on a space-available basis.


Students who dually enroll will be responsible for paying tuition to each institution based on the per credit tuition rate for each institution.

Financial aid

For information regarding financial aid, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at 253-692-4374 or When completing financial aid forms, the University of Washington Title IV code is 003798.

Please be aware that Dual Enrollment students can only receive financial aid from one institution at a time — called the “home” institution. The home institution is the one at which you are taking 10 or more of your credits.

For example, if you take 10 credits from TCC and 5 credits from UW Tacoma, you will receive your financial aid from TCC.

Students receiving financial aid are responsible for submitting tuition payment to the institution that is not their "home institution" for financial aid purposes.