For All School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences Majors
School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences admits students with:
- General University Requirements
- Completion of mathematics through intermediate algebra with a 2.0 GPA for transfer students
- English Composition with a grade of 2.0 or higher for transfer students
- Completion of a minimum of 45 transferable college-level credits
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
The psychology, Spanish language and cultures, writing studies and communication majors have additional prerequisite course work that must be completed before declaring these majors. The prerequisite courses can be taken at UW Tacoma. Please see the major sections for details.
How to Apply
When the School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences is fully enrolled and there are more qualified applicants than can be accommodated, admission will be competitive and applicants will be evaluated on three principal criteria:
- Appropriateness of academic preparation for the degree program
- Likelihood of success in the degree program
- Relationship between the degree program and academic or career plans and opportunities
Applicants should submit completed applications by the application deadline for the quarter. Early applications are encouraged.
A completed application includes the Application for Transfer Admission, application fee, one official transcript from each college or university attended (and a high school transcript if using high school credit to fulfill admission requirements), a personal statement including life and career goals and how the IAS degree will help advance those goals. Each personal statement is reviewed carefully and is an important component of the IAS holistic admission review. Personal statements should be a reflection of an applicant’s best writing.