Politics, Philosophy and Economics draws from political science, philosophy, economics, policy and law. This major provides students with an in-depth interdisciplinary foundation in the analysis of politics and economics and in the study of philosophical and ethical issues related to political, economic, and public policy issues. Special emphasis is placed on developing critical thinking and writing skills.
Students in this major are prepared for careers in government, law, public agencies, business, nonprofit management, diplomacy, community work, or journalism. It also prepares students for advanced studies in law, journalism, international relations, public policy, international development and other social sciences.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will develop a more thorough knowledge of social institutions through focused engagement with both contemporary and enduring social issues.
- Students will strengthen their analytical skills.
- Students will develop their ability to write with style and precision.
- Students will become more competent with quantitative analysis.
- Students will develop their ethical and logical reasoning.
- And students will learn to synthesize and evaluate information through an application of knowledge and methods across different disciplines.