School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences

Main page content

Minors and Certificates

Requirements for Completing a Minor

Students must officially declare a minor using the Declare a Major or Minor form available from the Office of the Registrar or on the UW Tacoma website and submitting it to their academic advisor.

Minors do not have prerequisites and do not require any additional application materials.

To successfully complete a minor, students must achieve a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) for all courses involved in the minor. The student’s DARS report (available through MyUW) for the minor keeps track of this GPA.

Declaring a Minor

Students must have completed at least 45 credits and have declared a major before declaring a minor.

Complete instructions for declaring a minor can be found on page 25. For more information about any of these minors or certificates, talk to an advisor in the Academic Advising Center.

The School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences offers the following minors and certificates of study:

  • American Indian Studies
  • Asian Studies
  • Economics
  • Education
  • Environmental Studies
  • Gender Studies
  • Human Rights
  • Law and Policy
  • Mathematics
  • Museum Studies
  • Nonprofit Studies (Minor/Certificate)
  • Politics
  • Public History
  • Religious Studies
  • Restoration Ecology (Minor/Certificate)
  • Social Science Research Methods
  • Sociology
  • Spanish Language and Cultures
  • Sustainability
  • Technical Communication