UW Tacoma students are both members of their local communities and global citizens, exposed to a variety of world views and cultures. To become respectful and informed global citizens, it is vital to have an understanding of diverse religious beliefs and practices and how they interact with larger political and social systems. In terms of the UWT campus, course offerings in this minor will help to promote programmatic emphasis on interdisciplinarity, sustainability, and cross-cultural understanding. The proposed minor responds to student demand and utilizes the expertise of existing faculty. It will formalize existing offerings in the PPE program and more broadly in IAS without requiring additional resources, whilst at the same time leaving scope for future expansion.
Requirements: 25 credits
All courses in the minor must be completed with a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
Required Courses: 15 credits
- TRELIG 105 Introduction to Religious Studies
- TRELIG 210 Modern Theories of Religion
- TRELIG 321 Comparative Religion
Optional Courses: 10 credits, must be upper-division 300-400 level coursework.
- All 10 must be upper-division credits.
- See the Religious Studies web page for approved list of options for remaining 10 credits.