The CBA’s purpose is to promote within individuals, organizations, businesses, and communities the ability to understand, manage, use big data to make effective and efficient decisions, and to innovate digital products and services. These decisions cross the wide range of stakeholder needs to solve existing problems, create new opportunities, and improve the performance of organizations.
With its renowned research faculty, the Center for Business Analytics (CBA) focuses on designing and conducting cutting-edge analytics research that deliver both significant business value to organizations AND significant academic value to faculty and CBA.
Our problem-focused research approach is as following... It is about value co-creation with you
- Business: What are the problems and/or opportunities? Create/amend business processes, create new businesses, close existing ones and enter new markets. Necessary skills for achieving organizational impact and competitive advantages with strategic thinking, service transformation and evidence-based decision making, (e.g. communication, project management, process optimization, business ethics, privacy, organizational culture change).
- Data: What data and/or digital service could solve this problem? Core methods for acquiring, storing, handling and representing data, and how to convert that data to information, knowledge, and wisdom for desired outcomes, data modeling and databases.
- Analyze: What models and methods can I apply to solve this problem? Descriptive, predictive, prescriptive, cognitive/machine learning, visualization/storytelling, core analytical, statistical and computational techniques, regression and related statistical methods, data and text mining and cognitive analytics, and operations research methods.
- Revolutionize: How to apply these concepts to your business? Key insights that can be gained only through hands-on experience working with and implementing analytical projects in a business environment.
sample research areas are
- Business intelligence
- Digital transformation
- Digital marketing
- Supplychain management
- Performance management
- Predictive analytics
- Statistical and data analysis
- Analytical decision management
- Risk analytics
- Regulatory compliance
- Reporting and forecasting
- Financial reporting
- Disclosure management
Different from most research and consulting firms, CBA distinguishes and separates itself by:
- Scientific rigor with an emphasis in analytical performance
- Cutting edge research
- Access to the resources and faculty of the Milgard School of Business
For more information on applied research opportunities with CBA, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-692-5988.