In compliance with state mandate, UW Tacoma is currently in restricted operations. Approximately 85% of UW Tacoma classes are being offered remotely. All student services are being offered online.
Check the main COVID-19 page for latest news announcements.
Below you will find a list of resources and services available to students from UW Tacoma.
Last updated: 4/16/2021 @ 1:54 p.m.
Coming to campus?
If you are coming to campus for an in-person class or to study, you must complete the Student Wellness Check-in first. This must be done every time before you come to campus.
- Want to study on campus? Study spaces are now available (reservation required).
- WG108 and CP005 computer labs are closed. For remote access to specific software, contact UWT-IT.
- Student Online Learning Support
- Low cost or free technology options
- Learning Spaces COVID-19 Prevention Operational Guidelines — July 13, 2020
Health and wellness resources
If you think you have COVID-19 or have come in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19:
- Stay home. Do not go to school or work. Avoid public places.
- Call your health provider and follow their advice. Students can also use CHI Virtual Urgent Care.
- Email Dr. Bernard Anderson, Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Life, at email@example.com, to learn of available support services and the procedure for academic accommodation.
- How and where to get vaccinated
- Student Health Services (students can also use CHI Virtual Urgent Care.)
- Counseling & Psychological Services is open for phone or videoconference appointments.
- The Pantry is a resource for all UW Tacoma students who might be between paychecks or just need some extra resources to get through the week or month. At this time, the Pantry is taking orders online only for pick-up.
Much more information on health, wellness and prevention is available on the UW central coronavirus FAQ.
Financial assistance and emergency aid
The Office of Financial Aid is providing all services remotely. Below you will find coronavirus-specific resources regarding financial assistance during this time of crisis:
- CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief & Economic Security) Act FAQs
- UW Tacoma COVID-19 Student Emergency Fund: Provides unrestricted emergency support for UW Tacoma students who are experiencing unexpected financial crises and otherwise could not continue school. Donate to the fund today!
- Emergency Aid (no FAFSA required-open to ALL students)
- Short-term loans through UW Financial Aid
Academic support & advising
- Academic advising: All academic advising offices offer remote advising options. Students can see different ways to connect with their advisor and schedule appointments online.
- The Teaching & Learning Center is providing its services online:
- Office of the Registrar: The Office of the Registrar is offering all services remoting. Visit the Office of the Registrar’s website for more information and to make appointments. You can also send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.