In compliance with state mandate, UW Tacoma is currently in restricted operations. Approximately 85% of UW Tacoma classes are being offered remotely for autumn quarter. All student services are being offered online.
Below you will find a list of resources and services available to students from UW Tacoma.
Last updated: 9/30/2020 @ 4:46 p.m.
Coming to campus?
If you are coming to campus for an in-person class or to study, you must complete the Student Wellness Check-in first. This must be done every time before you come to campus.
- Want to study on campus? Study spaces are now available (reservation required).
- WG108 and CP005 computer labs are closed. For remote access to specific software, contact UWT-IT.
- Student Online Learning Support
- Low cost or free technology options
- Learning Spaces COVID-19 Prevention Operational Guidelines — July 13, 2020
Health and wellness resources
If you think you have COVID-19 or have come in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19:
- Stay home. Do not go to school or work. Avoid public places.
- Call your health provider and follow their advice. Students can also use CHI Virtual Urgent Care.
- Email Dr. Bernard Anderson, Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Life, at email@example.com, to learn of available support services and the procedure for academic accommodation.
- Student Health Services (students can also use CHI Virtual Urgent Care.)
- Counseling & Psychological Services is open for phone or videoconference appointments.
- The Pantry is a resource for all UW Tacoma students who might be between paychecks or just need some extra resources to get through the week or month. At this time, the Pantry is taking orders online only for pick-up.
Much more information on health, wellness and prevention is available on the UW central coronavirus FAQ.
Financial assistance and emergency aid
The Office of Financial Aid is providing all services remotely. Below you will find coronavirus-specific resources regarding financial assistance during this time of crisis:
- CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief & Economic Security) Act FAQs
- UW Tacoma COVID-19 Student Emergency Fund: Provides unrestricted emergency support for UW Tacoma students who are experiencing unexpected financial crises and otherwise could not continue school. Donate to the fund today!
- Emergency Aid (no FAFSA required-open to ALL students)
- Short-term loans through UW Financial Aid
Academic support & advising
- Academic advising: All academic advising offices offer remote advising options. Students can see availability and schedule appointments with their academic adviser through Navigate. Students unable to locate their advisor in Navigate should visit the UW Tacoma Guide to Academic Advising page and click through to their school or degree program information to find phone numbers, emails, and other contact options.
- The Teaching & Learning Center is providing its services online:
- Office of the Registrar: The Office of the Registrar is offering all services remoting. Visit the Office of the Registrar’s website for more information and to make appointments. You can also send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This is not a complete list of UW Tacoma offices, only the ones that primarily serve students or the public.
|Admissions||Virtual services available by phone, email or videoconference M-F 8AM-5PM; contact email@example.com for appointment requests|
|Campus Safety & Security||Available 24/7 by phone (253-692-4416); officers are on-duty but the office is closed|
|Cashier’s Office||Virtual services available by email M-F 9AM-5PM; online payment portal available|
|Career Development & Education||Available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, remote appointments, hosting virtual programs|
|Center for Equity & Inclusion||Available by email|
|Center for Student Involvement||Available virtually M-F 8am-7pm. Open in person Wednesdays and Thursdays 8am-5pm by appointment only.|
|Computer Lab/Media Lab||Closed; contact email@example.com for assistance|
|Conference Services||Available M-F 8AM-5PM by email or phone|
|Copy & Mail Center||Open M-F 10AM-2PM; no mail deliveries or pick up (can drop off or pick up in MAT 053)|
|Counseling & Psychological Services||Teletherapy services via Zoom available. For scheduling, email firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Disability Resources for Students||Available M-F 8AM-5PM by email at email@example.com|
|First-Generation Student Initiatives||Available by email, hosting virtual programs|
|Human Resources||Available M-F 8AM-5PM by email or phone|
|Library||Online services available|
|The Pantry||Order online pre-packaged bag for pick-up on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Fridays|
|Registrar||Virtual services available by email or live chat M-F 8AM-5PM; contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions|
|Student Financial Aid||Virtual services available by email, phone, live chat or Zoom M –Thu 8:30AM - 4:45PM and F 8:30AM - 4:30PM|
|Student Advocacy & Support||Available by email at email@example.com|
|Teaching & Learning Center||E-tutoring options for writing appointments / Online quant tutoring using Zoom|
|University Academic Advising||Online, email, Zoom, phone or chat services only; for appointments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
|University Book Store Tacoma||Closed; online ordering available|
|University Y Student Center||Open 7 am - 7 pm, M-F; 7 am - 1 pm, Sat. – Reservations required|
|Veteran & Military Resource Center||Available by email at email@example.com|
|West Coast Grocery Convenience Store||Closed|