Before you Apply
- Ensure that you have a 2020-2021 FAFSA on file with the University of Washington Tacoma
- Ensure that you are applying to the correct campus (incorrect UW campus applications will not be considered)
- Complete a Revision Request Form done online that goes to the Office of Financial Aid. This form is used to factor in the costs of childcare to potentially revise your financial aid award.
- Submit the Cost Verification Form
How to Apply
Complete the online Childcare Assistance Program application below.
You will need to have the 'Provider ID Number' given by the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) before you can submit your application. You may request this from your childcare provider, or search online through the WA State Department of Children, Youth, and Families.
After you Apply
You will receive a confirmation email within the following 1-2 business days from the Childcare Assistance Program Administrator with information regarding your application status. If the application is incomplete, more information is needed, or if you do not qualify for the program, you will be contacted. Depending on program space availability, you may be placed on a waitlist and contacted at a later date if a space becomes available.
For information about funds disbursements and timeline, please visit the Funds Disbursement page.
In addition to the application you must submit a Cost Verification Form with adequate payment documentation will be required for submission to receive funds. The licensed childcare provider listed on your application will need to complete and sign a portion of this form. Adequate payment documentation may include one of the following:
- Copy of childcare provider accounting record, ledger card, paid invoice or statement
- Copy of personal checks (front and back) - black out any account numbers
- Copy of money order or cashier's check
- Legible copy of bank statement showing electronic payment (transfer) of funds from bank account to the childcare provider
- Typed letter signed by the childcare provider (must be on the childcare provider's letterhead) detailing names, dates of attendance, total monthly costs, and types/total of payments made
- Have your entire award cancelled and be required to repay the awarded funds (if funds are not repaid, a collections process may be initiated. All associated collection fees will be the responsibility of the student).
- Have transcript and registration holds placed on your student account until repayment has been received
- Become ineligible to participate in the program
If you choose to move your child(ren) to another provider, you must give prior notice and receive approval from the Childcare Assistance Program Administrator. You will need to provide the new provider's name, provider ID #, address and phone number. You must receive approval from the Childcare Assistance Program Administrator prior to making payment to the new provider.
478-120-020 Standards of Conduct
a. Practicing high standards of academic and professional honesty and integrity;
c. Complying with the rules, regulations, procedures, policies, standards of conduct, and order of the university and its schools, colleges, and departments