The Childcare Assistance Program at UW Tacoma offers students with dependents financial assistance to cover the cost of childcare (ages: birth - 12 years and 11 months) while attending classes. Students who apply and meet the eligibility requirements will receive financial assistance on a quarterly basis. The program is offered Autumn through Spring. Funding for Summer Quarter is not available.
The Childcare Assistance Program is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Spaces are limited and fill quickly. The application will be available September 10 each year and will remain open until the last day of Spring Quarter. A waitlist will become available should all spaces become filled. The application is valid for the academic year (Autumn – Spring) — students do not need to re-apply every quarter.
Students who qualify may receive $400 or $600 per quarter, depending on enrollment status. Funds disbursements are on a per-family basis.
This program is made possible by UW Tacoma's Services and Activities Fee.
- 2019-2020 application please click here.
- Mandatory for all CAP applicants – CAP Orientation
- Saturday, September 28th at University Y Room 303/304 from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 2nd at 7 Seas Brewery from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- You are required to attend one of the orientation dates!
- Summer funding is not offered. All previous program participants must re-apply.
- YMCA ChildWatch Fee Allowance Program application please click here.
- For questions about the YMCA ChildWatch Fee Allowance Program, please email email@example.com or visit MAT 103.