How do I advertise a volunteer opportunity on campus?
The Center for Service and Leadership can advertise your volunteer opportunities, jobs or internships related to nonprofit and community engaged work in the following ways:
- Post your volunteer opportunity/internship/job on our webpage
- Circulate your volunteer opportunities over our student listserve/newsletter
- Post your flyers on campus in a physical format. To post visit University Facilities.
Submit An Advertisement Today!
- A Volunteer Description (in pdf. format):
- The name of the volunteer coordinator & their contact information for further questions
- The name of your organization
- The web address of your organization
- A schedule or time period the opportunity is available
Please also inform us when the volunteer opportunity should be removed and whether you would like the opportunity highlighted on the web and/or via our listserve.
How do go I about exploring program partnerships in an official capacity with UW Tacoma?
The Center for Service and Leadership is where student led initiatives are created and supported by the university, so depending on your vision for partnership you may be seeking to connect with different areas of campus:
- Student Volunteer Service Programs (see CSL programs below)
- Contact: Assistant Director for Student Involvement & Leadership- Elizabeth Hansen
- Academic or Administrative Inquiries:
What programs can I partner with in the CSL?
- Alternative Breakaway: your organization could gain the support of 8-15 college volunteers in this week-long service immersion trip. Designed by a student breakaway coordinator and your organization this immersive trip gives students perspective on a social issue, while providing valuable service to the community and your organization. For more information please contact our Student Breakaway Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.tacoma.uw.edu/breakaway
- Day of Caring: Be a host volunteer site for our campus wide day of service. Receive volunteer service from 10-30 college students for a one day project and exposure of your organization to over 100+ students and faculty. The event is usually held mid October and service work conducted from 9-3pm. For more information please contact our student coordinator
- Service Events: If you need volunteers for one-time projects consider contacting a small service coalition of students looking to learn more about our community and give back a couple times a month year round. Your organization could be the next service site! For more information please contact our Local Student Events Coordinator at email@example.com
Benefits of Engaging
- Passionate and innovative students: "We believe community members and students working together have a unique power to expand the boundaries of knowledge and discovery that create positive personal and social change."
- Sharing of knowledge and perspective: Students, faculty and staff are connected to content areas of research and discovery and are often eager to share and learn from practitioners.
- Building Community: We truly are better together and new efforts to grow with community are being embraced across campus.