The Milgard School of Business cultivates business leaders through cutting edge and personally accessible education, diverse scholarly exploration, and innovative community engagement while promoting social responsibility. We inspire students to become lifelong learners.
The Milgard School of Business transforms our communities through innovative thinking, compassionate leadership, and exemplary stakeholder engagement.
- Use high impact practices (https://www.aacu.org/leap/hips) to deliver on the promise of a transformational learning experience for students
- Create and disseminate knowledge through diverse intellectual contributions
- Offer distinctive programs and centers responsive to community needs and market demands
- Equip students for meaningful and successful careers
- Cultivate alumni to serve as ambassadors supporting the business community, one another and the school
- Invest in faculty and staff to optimize the potential in their careers and contributions to the school
- Bolster an inclusive culture built on trust, respect, collaboration and constructive dialogue
THE STORY BEHIND THE ABOVE EMBLEM:
In winter 2018, we launched a contest open to all business students to develop a concept, mnemonic, or design that embodied the school's new mission. Based on over 15 student submissions (undergraduate and graduate students), three winners were selected by a committee of faculty, staff and alumni. The winning concepts were professionally reimagined and redesigned resulting in the above graphic. This iterative process included feedback from students, faculty, staff, business leaders, alumni, and the campus community. The “e” on the left side is an upward spiral staircase wrapped in UW colors of purple and gold, representing life long learning nurtured at the Milgard School. The three words “educate, explore and engage” summarize the three key components of our new mission.