Shifting toward teaching and learning remotely can be stressful, especially when the shift happens as quickly as it has had to happen as a result of COVID-19. We acknowledge that both students and instructors may feel anxiety about getting up to speed on how to engage each other in digital spaces. All of us – students, faculty, staff, and administrators – will be learning throughout this process.
We encourage you to enter this process with an open mind. There will be things that don’t go as planned or things that may frustrate you. In these moments, ask for help. Ask for help from your peers, your instructor, and the support teams listed below. We will continue to update this page to better respond to your needs.
- Need a laptop or hotspot? UW Tacoma IT - Equipment Checkout Service
Online Tools for productivity and collaboration
- UW Google G Suite for Education
- Trouble using Google products with your NetID? Help is here!
- UW Office 365
- UW Canvas Learning Management System (Login to UW Canvas)
- UW Zoom video conferencing software (Login to UW Zoom)
How-To Guides Zoom and Canvas
- UW Zoom Video Conferencing for Students
- Downloading and Signing Into Zoom For The First Time (1:17)
- Zoom Essential Features for Students (2:03)
- Canvas Support for Students
Tips for Success
UW Tacoma Student Support Services
- Counseling & Psychological Services - CSP is offering teletherapy services via Zoom for the Spring 2020 quarter.
- Student Advocacy & Support
- Teaching & Learning Center
- UW Tacoma Library COVID 19 updates and online resources
Tech Support for Students
For live chat support, visit UW Tacoma Information Technology.
If you have further questions regarding how to access and use technology please contact Information Technology at email@example.com or 253-692-4357.
Other UW Seattle resources if UW Tacoma is offline.