|Office||West Coast Grocery (WCG) 324 [map and directions]|
|Office hours||Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Mailing address||School of Education
University of Washington Tacoma
Campus Box 358435
1900 Commerce Street
Tacoma WA 98402-3100
|Faculty/staff||School of Education faculty/staff directory|
MEETING WITH THE DEAN
Before scheduling a meeting with the Dean or Dean's Office Staff to discuss a concern about a faculty or staff member in the School of Education, a student should attempt to follow these steps:
- First meet with the person in question (or have initiated communication) to attempt to resolve the issue if possible. Questions about assignments, grading, and other course requirements should go directly to the course instructor.
- If the student did not receive a satisfactory outcome in attempts to communicate with the person, please contact the appropriate faculty director/program coordinator for assistance:
- Director of EdD Program: Dr. Robin "Zape-tah-hol-ah" Mintorn
- Faculty Director of TCP (Teacher Certification Programs): Dr. Julia Aguirre
- Faculty Director of Ed Admin: Dr. Rob MacGregor
- Other Programs: contact the front desk by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, call our main line at 253-692-4430, or stop by the main suite in WCG 324 at the front desk during regular business hours (M-F 9:00 am-5:00 pm).
A student who does not feel comfortable directly contacting the person in question may request a direct meeting with the Dean. If the person in question is also serving as a faculty director/program coordinator, the student may request a direct meeting with the Dean. If your concern is about the Dean, you may directly contact the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
To schedule a meeting with a faculty director/program coordinator, contact that person directly. To schedule a meeting with the Dean, please contact one of the following staff members for assistance:
- Cindy Valerio, Director of Operations at email@example.com or 253-692-4432
- Donna Braboy, Program Support Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-692-4431
Please have the following information prepared when requesting a meeting with the faculty director/program coordinator and/or the Dean:
- Your name and phone number.
- Your program of study.
- Provide a summary of the concern, and discuss what attempts were made to resolve the issue with the person in question.
- Briefly explain your desired outcome from the meeting with the faculty director/program coordinator or Dean. This will allow them to prepare for possible solutions to meet your needs.
- Indicate your availability with at least 2 dates and times and allow at least 2 business days of notice when trying to schedule a meeting.
NOTE: Due to FERPA requirements, no UW Tacoma employee may provide information about a student to outside parties including a guardian/parent or spouse without written permission from the student.
Lynn Hermanson, Advisor and Certification Specialist
Advising areas: Teacher Certification and Endorsements
Carla Van Rossum, Pre-admission Advisor
Advising areas: Pre-admission for all School of Education programs
Ashley Walker, Advisor and Recruiter
Advising area: Doctoral of Educational Leadership (Ed.D.) and Master of Education (M.Ed.) with study options in Curriculum & Intruction (C&I), Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and Student Academic Success (SASS)