What will happen as a result of my report?
The Institutional response may include, but is not limited to:
- Notice to the community about the incident
- Individual outreach to affected party
- Offers of support and assistance to affected individuals/communities (typically in form of counseling)
- Educational workshops or seminars
- Removal of graffiti or flyers
- Connecting affected parties to relevant resources
- Tracking of incident(s)
- Starting proceedings under the student conduct code, the general campus conduct code, or processes under other UW policies
We want to stress that this committee is not designed to be punitive. Its operational precepts are based on restorative justice. The committee will decide appropriate measures on a case-by-case basis with the goal of having the campus grow in its understanding and embracing of equity issues.