Sign Up and Stay Informed
The UW Alert system provides current information on campus closures and delays due to inclement weather and emergency situations. You must "opt-in" to this service — you won't receive messages if you haven't signed up.
Decisions on whether campus operations will be suspended and classes cancelled should be made prior to the following times:
- 6 a.m. - Early morning classes from 8 to 11 a.m.
- 9 a.m. - Mid-day classes from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m. - Late afternoon/early evening classes from 4:30 to 8 p.m.
- 6 p.m. - Late evening classes from 8 to 10 p.m.
Unanticipated weather or emergency conditions may alter this schedule.
To update your contact information or unsubscribe from alerts, use Manage Account and click on the Services tab.
Students automatically receive notification by email. However, faculty and staff must sign up with UW Alert in order to receive email notifications.
Other Notification Resources
- UW Tacoma website: www.tacoma.uw.edu
- UW Tacoma Information Line: 253-692-4636
- SchoolReport.org: Get current information and sign up for email alerts at www.SchoolReport.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/uwtacoma
- Local television and radio media outlets