The Academic Policy and Curriculum Committee shall be responsible for matters of policy relating to the academic affairs of the University of Washington Tacoma, including proposals for new academic programs; majors, minors, concentrations, and undergraduate and graduate certificate programs; applications for new and revised courses; scholastic standards including admissions; and campus graduation requirements. It shall also provide guidance to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs on policies regarding the interpretation and administration of academic regulations of the campus, as well as provide recommendations on initiatives requested by the Executive Council related to academic excellence and equity. Upon approval, the Committee shall forward its recommendations to the Executive Council, which may bring proposals and recommendations to the Faculty Assembly for a vote or may adopt them as provided in Article V, Section 1, Part C of these bylaws.
Visit the Faculty Assembly Curriculum Development Resources website for information on creating curriculum proposals for APCC review.
The voting membership of the Academic Policy & Curriculum Committee shall consist of one representative for every 50 faculty members within each of the academic unit of UW Tacoma, to be elected by each respective academic unit. The term of office shall be three years.
- Chair 2019-2020: Robin Evans-Agnew, School of Nursing & Healthcare Leadership (2015-2021)
- Menaka Abraham, School of Engineering and Technology 2016-2022
- Eric Madfis, School of Social Work & Criminal Justice 2019-2021
- Laura L. Feuerborn, School of Education 2019-2022
- Anthony Falit-Baiamonte, School of Urban Studies 2015-2021
- LeAnne Laux-Bachand, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences 2018-2021
- Ruth Vanderpool, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences 2018-2021
- Jutta Heller, School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences 2017-2020
- Evelyn Shankus, Milgard School of Business 2015-2021
- Jill Purdy, EVCAA, exofficio, non-voting
- Andrea Coker-Anderson, Registrar, exofficio, non-voting
- Patrick Pow, Vice Chancellor of Information Technology, exofficio, non-voting
- Serin Anderson, Librarian, exofficio, non-voting
- Lorraine Dinnel, Associate Director, University Academic Advising, exofficio, non-voting
- Laurel Hicks, ASUWT Director of University Affairs, student representative - exofficio, non-voting
- Tammy Jez, Strategic Project Manager, Academic Affairs, non-voting