Travel Services

Main page content

Important Recent Updates:


Notice: COVID-19 Travel Guidelines - more information

Notice: Travel ban to China - 2.4.20 - more information

Notice: New Travel Agencies - more information 

Notice: Restrictions on non-essential travel to North Carolina and Mississippi

About Us

UW Tacoma Procurement Services helps process travel purchases and reimbursements for official university business. In conjunction with the UW Travel Office, UW Tacoma Procurement Services assists departments and travelers with training, understanding their responsibilities, obtaining proper pre-approvals and navigating policies and procedures related to campus travel needs.


Travel Services:

CTA Inquiries

For CTA inquiries contact:


Angela Jones

Voice (253) 692-4512

Fax (253) 692-5661


Campus Mailbox: 358421

Location: Carlton Center 400




Robert Hardie

Voice (253) 692-4878

Fax (253) 692-5661


Campus Mailbox: 358421

Location: Carlton Center 400


Travel Authorization

To be audit compliant when completing the Travel Pre-Authorization form, please state how the purpose of the trip will benefit the university, grant, or department.


All out-of-state travel (defined as outside of Washington, Oregon, or Idaho) requires wirtten approval from an authorized person(s).  Travel must be pre-approved by the appropriate parties using the Travel Pre-Authorization Form prior to purchases being made. For detailed information, please refer to the Travel Pre-Authorization Form.


*Restrictions apply.

International Travel Registry

There is a new process for registering your travel. Register any International travel outside of the United States with the University of Washington Office of Global Affairs. For detailed information, visit:

How to Arrange Travel

Travel may be booked through a travel agency, directly with an airline, or an online agency of your choice.

If requesting the use of the Central Travel Account (CTA) for purchasing flights, requests must be submitted no less than two weeks prior to the travel departure date.  Please utilize one of our preferred travel agencies:

If requesting the use of the CTA for purchasing local lodging, please utilize one of our contracted hotels:

*For UW business only. Please email with reservation information.

*Please refer to the Travel Contacts page for specific lodging contact information and alternates to contracted hotel lodging.

UW Individual Travel Cards

The UW Individual Travel Card allows UW Travelers to purchase airfare, lodging, meals, car rentals, ground transportation, and other reimbursable travel expenses. 

To request a travel card, fill out the application found in ARIBA. For more detailed information, please visit: 

UW Tacoma Central Travel Account Purchases

The UW Tacoma CTA* is managed by Procurement Services and is used to charge airfare, rail/bus tickets, and specified lodging to a centrally billed account when traveling on official UW business.



Adding personal time/travel with a business trip is allowable. However, certain restrictions apply and therefore the CTA may not be used when adding personal time to business trips. For more information, please visit Personal Time/Travel.



The CTA may be used to charge lodging only for:

  • UW Students
  • NON-UW travelers
  • Five or more UW travelers attending a conference/group event in the U.S. or British Columbia, Canada where the UW is reserving and paying for the block of rooms and prior written approval has been obtained from the UW Travel Card Administrator.

*Restrictions apply.

Travel Reimbursement

Travel reimbursements are processed through ARIBA. For details on how to process expense reports, please visit the Travel website. Please note, receipts are required for any expense over $75. Perjury statements will not be accepted for required receipts. For details, please visit the Receipts page.