Frequently Asked Questions

Main page content

Payroll FAQs

How do I change my last name in Workday?

A social security card is required showing your new last name before a change can be made in Workday. Please provide your HR/Payroll Specialist with a copy of your Social Security card. Once this has been received, the employee can change their legal name in Workday.

How do I inform payroll if one of my permanent staff members is increasing or decreasing their FTE%?

I have a new work-study employee. Where do the time sheets go?

Work-study employees can complete their timesheets online through Workday.

What are the pay periods?

The 1st through the 15th, and the 16th through the 31st.

What if a salary was charged to the wrong budget?

The department administrator can now process a Retro Salary Transfer through the online MyFinancial.desktop site.

What is the procedure for hiring a non-student hourly employee?

Visit the Human Resources Hiring page.

Once approved by UWT HR, and all appropriate payroll forms are completed, the new hire will be entered in payroll .

When do I get paid?

Payday occurs twice a month: the 10th and the 25th with the following exceptions:

If Payday is on You get paid on
Saturday Friday before
Sunday Monday following
Holiday falling on Monday Friday Before

Hours worked from the 1st to the 15th of the month are paid on the 25th. Hours from the 16th to the end of the month are paid on the 10th of the following month.

If you do not yet have direct deposit set up, your check will be mailed on the day before payday to your primary home address listed in Workday.

For more information, visit the Integrated Service Center's website for Paycheck Information.

How do I change my W-4?

Make your federal withholding elections online through Workday.

Workday User Guide for Federal Elections

How do I look up my pay information if I am receiving direct deposit?

You can access your current and previous pay statements through Workday.

Workday Video for accessing your pay information