Please read prior to submitting a request:
Equipment Check Out Procedures
If you need to checkout loaner equipment from IT, please follow the instructions below to complete your checkout. It is important to remember that resources can be limited and will be available on a first come-first served basis. A list of media equipment available for checkout can be found here.
Furthermore, due to social distancing requirements, the following steps must be taken to ensure the university follows established public health guidelines.
- Complete the Equipment Request Form (this page)
- An IT technician will email to confirm the date and time for pickup can be accommodated and that the equipment is available. When scheduling for pickup, please remember the Helpdesk is staffed 8:00am – 4:00pm. If your chosen date and time cannot be accommodated, an IT technician will contact you via email to set another time.
- On the confirmed date and time, go to the Walsh Gardner building front doors (Commerce St) to collect the equipment.
- Once at the building front doors, call the Helpdesk at (253) 692-HELP (4357) to notify an IT technician you have arrived to pick up. Please note, the building is locked to limit foot traffic and ensure social distancing.
- An IT technician will come to the doors with the equipment and will communicate with the requestor through the door. All resources have been cleaned and our staff will wear gloves at all times.
- The IT technician will ask the requestor to hold their Husky Card or driver’s license up to the window to ensure the name matches the request submitted via the form.
- Once the identity has been confirmed, the IT technician will ask the requestor to stand behind the guard rail to ensure social distancing measures are met.
- The IT technician will place the laptop on the table outside the front doors and step back inside the building.
- Once the IT technician has closed the door, the requestor may approach and collect the laptop.
It is important these steps are followed carefully to ensure the safety of students, staff and faculty. If you have any questions, please contact the helpdesk at (253) 692-4357.