Confirm your enrollment
- The New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee (NSEOF) confirms your decision to attend UW and will pay for many first-year and transition programs. To pay the NSEOF, visit the Cashier's Office website.
- You can defer payment of the NSEOF fee. Print out a deferral form here.
Connect with International Student and Scholar Services
- International Student and Scholar Services is here to help! Visit their website for more information and connect with their office often for assistance and questions.
Create your UW Tacoma Profile
- Create your UW NetID. Your UW NetID is required.
- Set up your UW Email. After creating your UW NetID, you'll be prompted to create a UW email inbox. Official messages from the University are sent only to your UW email address.
Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- To learn about UW Tacoma’s financial aid process, visit the Office of Student Financial Aid website.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WAFSA).
- Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid if you have any questions at email@example.com or (253)692-4374.
Apply for Housing
- Learn about housing options here.
- If you want to live on-campus, you must apply. Learn about the application process here.
Submit Health Requirements
- You are required to show that you have been vaccinated against or are otherwise immune to measles, mumps and meningococcal meningitis to attend UWT.
- Submit documentation and learn more here.
Obtain UW Tacoma I-20
- To learn about how to obtain your UW Tacoma I-20, please visit the I-20 information page.
- To learn more about obtaining visa, please visit Visa Information page.
Verify Health Insurance Coverage
- Washington State law requires that international students maintain adequate health insurance while attending the University of Washington.
- All students will automatically be enrolled for the UW International Student Health Insurance Plan. To learn more, please visit the International Student Health Insurance page.
Complete Placement Testing
- To study math or Spanish at UW Tacoma, you are often required to take a placement test. For information about placement tests, click here.
- Need to know if you need to take a placement test? Contact University Academic Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 692-4857.
Register for Classes
- Undergraduate students who have declared a major should contact academic advisor of specific majors.
- If you are freshmen or have not declared an academic major, please review the New Student Academic Advising page.
- Graduate students should contact graduate program advisors of their specific programs.
- Contact University Academic Advising if you have questions.
- Visit our What to Bring page.
Arrange Transportation to the US
Complete your Transition Course
- Transition courses are online courses that will help you get to know campus and the resources you will use at UW Tacoma.
- Transition courses will be available one month before your orientation program. You will receive an email invitation to the course in your UW email.
- Visit this page for more information about Transition courses.
Attend Orientation Programs
- Complete the F-1 Student Visa and Health Insurance Info Session (online).
- Register for Husky Orientation Week (in person).
- New International Student Orientation, which will take place immediately after your Husky Orientation Week session (in person).