UW Tacoma Library
MOBILE DEVICE BORROWING AGREEMENT
By borrowing this mobile device, I state that I am a currently enrolled University of Washington Tacoma student and that I agree to all of the following statements:
- I accept full responsibility for the mobile device and accessories and understand that the bundle is borrowed in my name.
- I understand that the mobile device and all accessories will not be left unattended while in my possession.
- I also acknowledge that I will be held personally responsible for any damage, loss, or destruction of the mobile device and accessories while in my possession.
- I agree to pay the UW for the full replacement cost of the mobile device and any accessories if they are lost, stolen, or damaged.
- I understand that the mobile device must be returned in the same condition in which it was borrowed.
- I will return the mobile device and all accessories to the UW Tacoma Library service desk from which I borrowed it.
- I understand that the mobile device and accessories may not be returned to any UW Libraries’ book drop (inside or outside the library).
- I understand if I return the MacBook Pro laptop late or not at all, that my library record will incur a registration hold and other penalties. Overdue fines are $2.50/hour with a maximum of $50 for late fees, plus replacement costs if any/all items are lost or not returned.
- I understand that the cost for laptop bundle replacement is $1,500 (individually, laptop $1380, power cord $90, carrying case $30).
- I understand that damaged to the equipment is my responsibility and I agree to pay the cost of labor and parts for any equipment returned damaged.
- I understand that the Libraries is not responsible for any data loss and that it is my responsibility to save my work.
- I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules and guidelines will result – at a minimum - in the loss of the privilege to borrow from the Libraries.
- I agree to follow the Libraries Code of Conduct, the Libraries Computer Use Policy, and the Standards of Conduct [WAC 478-120-020] within the Student Conduct Code for the University of Washington.
For questions or problems contact: UW Tacoma Library, (253) 692-4349