The Library has unveiled its new website. The redesign process allowed us to more fully integrate into the UW Tacoma website and make several positive changes in response to the needs of faculty, staff, and students:
- Mobile-friendly. We designed the site to be responsive to mobile devices, and at the same time, strived to have it be functional and attractive on standard computer screens.
- Library calendar. All library events are now listed in the campus events calendar system and displayed on our homepage.
- New Hours Display. Using the campus calendaring system, we’ve also made the library and Reference Desk hours visible on the homepage and created a new hours webpage that shows library hours for the entire academic year.
- Library Stories. This new feature on our homepage shares stories about people, events, and activities that show the vital role the Library plays to the UW Tacoma academic community.
- Customized sections of the site. Our site was primarily designed with undergraduate students in mind, but we’ve personalized “Use the Library” portion site for faculty, staff, visitors, and other groups.
- Collections page. This page highlights distinct collections in the Library, such as the Media Collection and the Foundation Center Collection. It will be expanded over the next academic year as we create pages for collections like the Belinda Louie Children’s Collection.
If you can’t find something on our site, please use our chat reference service. If you have more general questions or suggestion about our new website, please fill out this brief form. We welcome comments on the new site.
The Library website redesign team includes Justin Wadland (chair), Tim Bostelle, and Hannah Wilson. We especially thank James Woods, Senior Web Developer, for his help and support through this process.