Located in Mattress Factory (MAT) room 152, the campus Meditation Room is aimed at supporting health and wellness on campus, as well as the diverse faiths represented in the UW Tacoma community. The space is intended for those who seek a quiet place to reflect, meditate or pray, and is available for use by all students, faculty and staff. The room may not be reserved and is always open when the MAT is open.
Access to the Meditation Room requires a door code that can be obtained by contacting the Office of Student Life in MAT 103 or calling 253-692-4901.
The Meditation Room complements the Reflection Room located in the University Y Student Center.
In order to respect the space's purpose and its users, the following guidelines for the room are in place:
- The UW Tacoma Meditation Room may only be used by University of Washington Tacoma students, faculty, staff and their personal guests.
- Use of the Mediation Room is on a first come first served basis.
- Please keep speaking, chanting, music, and other activities that might disturb others to a minimum.
- General eating is not permitted. Food or drinks for meditation or prayer purposes are appropriate.
- General study, other than that related to reflection, meditation or prayer is not permitted.
- Personal items should not be left in the space as it is open whenever WCG is open.
- The burning of incense and candles is prohibited.
Problems and issues with this room can be reported to Student Life in MAT 103 or 253-692-4901.