A team was led by Associate Dean Altaf Merchant, comprising of Professors Zhiyan Cao and Marion Eberly, and Richard Wikinson (UW Tacoma's Associate Vice Chancellor for Organizational Effectiveness and Development). The development of this plan was based on the feedback and suggestions of faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the business community.
The processes included a review of Milgard's previous strategic plan, its competitors, peer and aspirational schools. The team held 12 brainstorming iterative sessions, workshops, and meetings, accompanied by online surveys and votes. SWOT (Strenghts, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threats) analyses were conducted during the plan's development. The next steps for the task force include dissemination and identifying effort, priorities, and metrics to monitor progress.
The Milgard School of Business cultivates business leaders through cutting edge and personally accessible education, diverse scholarly exploration, and innovative community engagement while promoting social responsibility. We inspire students to become lifelong learners.
The Milgard School of Business transforms our communities through innovative thinking, compassionate leadership, and exemplary stakeholder engagement.
- Use high impact practices (https://www.aacu.org/leap/hips) to deliver on the promise of a transformational learning experience for students
- Create and disseminate knowledge through diverse intellectual contributions
- Offer distinctive programs and centers responsive to community needs and market demands
- Equip students for meaningful and successful careers
- Cultivate alumni to serve as ambassadors supporting the business community, one another and the school
- Invest in faculty and staff to optimize the potential in their careers and contributions to the school
- Bolster an inclusive culture built on trust, respect, collaboration and constructive dialogue