For priority and Milgard Scholarship consideration: May 1, 2021
Final deadline: August 1, 2021
The 18-month track only admits students to begin autumn quarter
Final deadline: March 1, 2021
Final deadline: August 1, 2021
New students may apply for either an autumn or spring quarter start.
Start your application
1. Create a profile & complete the application
- Create a New Applicant Profile at the University of Washington Graduate School Application Website.
- Select your application type: Graduate
- Select your graduate program: UW Tacoma's Milgard School of Business Master of Accounting (MAcc) Program
- Complete the rest of the new application. Be sure to indicate the quarter and year you wish to enter.
2. Provide supporting documentation
Master of Accounting supplemental application materials are available online as part of the UW Graduate School application system. If you are unable to submit your application online, please email us at email@example.com.
- Admission essay
- 3 Professional/academic references (only contact information is required)
- Apply to the MAcc scholarship on our scholarship webpage (Optional but recommended)
3. Upload your transcripts
The online application will allow you to upload your unofficial transcripts showing all undergraduate and post-baccalaureate coursework. A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (regardless of field or major) is required prior to enrolling in the program. As such, applicants are not required to have earned their baccalaureate degree when applying but must have earned their degree prior to enrolling in the program.
- If you are admitted, an official transcript from your degree-granting institution will be required by the Graduate School in Seattle.
- If you earned your degree from the University of Washington, you do not need to submit an official transcript.
4. GMAT exam
Applicants who don't meet the GMAT waiver categories below must submit official Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) scores. Test scores are valid for 5 years from the test date. If you take the GMAT multiple times we will consider your highest score for admission purposes.
- GMAT Website: http://www.mba.com
- MAcc Program Code: ZRZ-NM-39
GMAT WAIVER POLICY
AUTOMATIC WAIVER – 9 & 18 month programs
NO PAPERWORK REQUIRED
The GMAT requirement is automatically waived for students who meet any of the following requirements:
- Candidates who possess certain active professional licenses, such as the U.S. CPA, CMA or CFA (or passed all the required sections of those examinations). Evidence of licensure required.
- Candidates who have already earned a graduate degree from an AACSB accredited institution.
- Candidates who obtained a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university located in the US.
- Candidates who obtained a Certificate in Accounting from the University of Washington system and earned a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 overall.
CASE BY CASE WAIVER – 9 & 18 month programs
GMAT WAIVER FORM REQUIRED
The Milgard MAcc Admissions Committee will review GMAT waiver requests for anyone who doesn't quality for an automatic waiver, but meets one or more of the following conditions:
- Candidates who possess an active professional license in accounting (e.g., Chartered Accountants (CA) recognized by the Institutes of Chartered Accountants in Canada, U.K., Australia and New Zealand or Cost Accountants recognized by the Institutes of Costs and Management Accountants in the aforementioned jurisdictions) or in a closely related field.
- Candidates who can document at least ten years of post-baccalaureate professional experience in position(s) requiring supervisory decision-making and leadership.
These cases will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Waivers are competitive and reviewed holistically. All decisions made by the committee are final.
Case by Case waiver request should include the following documents:
- Copies of unofficial transcript(s)
- Proof of professional license and/or work experience, if applicable.
- GMAT Waiver Request Form
- Current Resume or CV that includes educational background. Note any academic awards/achievements, leadership experiences, and relevant work experiences to date (examples: Internship(s), volunteer work, or professional work experiences).
Waiver requests should be submitted electronically to the program at firstname.lastname@example.org. The MAcc Program Adviser will review and make sure your materials are complete and will forward it to the Admission Committee for review. *GMAT waivers are valid for up to one year after the date of approval.
An $85 application fee is required to apply to UW Tacoma's MAcc Program. A credit card is required to pay the application fee. Login to the UW Graduate School Application Website to confirm receipt of your application materials. All required materials must be received before your application will be reviewed.
6. Optional: Complete the Graduate Scholarship Application on the Scholarship webpage for the 2021-22 academic year. Deadline to apply is MAY 1, 2021 (both Spring and Autumn quarter admits).
In addition to the application materials listed above, international applicants must also submit the following:
In addition to the transcripts listed above, international students must submit their OFFICIAL transcripts and degree statements from all institutions attended with certified translations in English to the UW Graduate School.
2. English Proficiency Exam scores
Proficiency in English is required for graduate study at the University of Washington. Therefore, every applicant whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency. For proficiency requirements, see https://grad.uw.edu/policies-procedures/graduate-school-memoranda/memo-8-graduate-school-english-language-proficiency-requirements/
3. After you have been admitted
International students who need or have an F-1 visa, will need to submit documents in order for UW Tacoma to issue an I-20. For more information, see https://www.tacoma.uw.edu/iss/newstudents/i20
Still have questions?
To learn more, contact us at email@example.com or 253.692.5776