Below you can find answers to frequently asked questions about the annual MLK Unity Breakfast.
If you have any questions please let us know:
Where is the event located?
The event will be taking place in the UNIVERSITY Y located at:
1710 Market Street
Tacoma, WA 98402
How do I get to the University Y Student Center?
The University Y Student Center is located across from the Court 17 Apartments on Market Street:
- To reach the University Y from I-5 take the I-705/Tacoma City Center exit (exit 133).
- From I-705 take the South 21st Street exit. Turn left at the traffic light onto 21st Street. Go through the light at Pacific Avenue, make a right on Jefferson and then a slight left on to Market Street. The University Y will be on your left.
Please see the campus map for more details.
Where can I park?
Please keep in mind that the University Y is located downtown and parking may take extra time. There are several locations available near the University Y for parking. Monday is a Holiday and many of the time limits and rates indicated in the options below will not apply, however, please take note of where you are parking to avoid any tickets or fines.
- Court 17 Garage
- Hourly parking available at a minimal rate; located across the street from the University Y.
- Street Parking
- There are a number of metered spots nearby, but often limited to 90 minutes.
- Convention Center
- The Greater Tacoma Convention Center is located just adjacent to the University Y. They have the abilty to accomodate 400 spaces. Parking is available for a minimal rate.
- Tacoma Dome Station
Do I need a ticket?
No. If you have registered and paid prior to the event or are sitting at a sponsored table you will just need to check-in at the door. If you haven't pre-registered for this year's event please visit our registration page or contact us at 253-692-4501. We strongly encourage pre-registering as the event space is limited and fills quickly.
What time do the doors open?
The doors will open at 7:30 am. The event will start at 8 am.
Is there assigned seating?
If you've sponsored a table your seats are reserved according to your sponsorship level, names of those sitting at your table should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 11, 2018 if they were not already included in your event registration. If names or spaces are not reserved in advance, the table will still have sponsorship information, however any seats not reserved in advance will be opened as available seating for general admission attendees. This ensures no table seating is left unutilized.
The committee makes our best effort to seat people with their registered party, however to ensure the best seating possible, you should plan to arrive early. Unsponsored or unreserved seating will open on a first-come, first-serve basis the day of the event. There will be volunteers on hand to assist with seating.
How should I dress?
There is no dress code for this event. We have found that people do dress up for this event often wearing business casual or their "Sunday-best." You should dress however you feel comfortable as we welcome you as you are!
What happens in the case of inclement weather?
This event has rarely been cancelled due to weather conditions. Should inclement weather become an issue, this website will be updated.