If you are an international student, visit the International Student & Scholar Services website for your checklist: www.tacoma.uw.edu/iss/newstudents
Create a UW Tacoma Profile
- Create your UW NetID. Your UW NetID is required.
- Set up your UW Email. After creating your UW NetID, you'll be prompted to create a UW email inbox. Official messages from the University are sent only to your UW email address.
Pay the New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee
- The New Student Enrollment and Orientation Fee (NSEOF) confirms your decision to attend the University of Washington Tacoma. Admitted students will not be able to register for classes or attend orientation until the fee has been paid.
- To pay the NSEOF, visit the Cashier's Office website. To request that your NSEOF be deferred to your first tuition bill, please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (253) 692-4913.
Review and Accept Financial Aid Offers
- You must review/accept/update your financial aid offer under the Financial Aid Status tab in your MyUW account.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WAFSA) as soon as possible.
- If you have questions, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at email@example.com or call (253) 692-4374.
Apply for Housing
- If you want to live on-campus, you must apply by May 1 for priority consideration. Apply here. Applications submitted after the priority deadline will be offered housing based upon assignment priorities and availability. New Winter housing assignments are offered based upon current availability.
Submit Final Official Transcripts
- Request an official transcript from your school. Read these instructions to submit your transcripts.
Submit Health Requirements
- You are required to show that you have been vaccinated against or are otherwise immune to measles, mumps and meningococcal meningitis. The deadline is the first day of the quarter.
- Submit documentation and learn more here.
Register for Classes
- For freshmen students, you must attend New Student Advising & Registration Days in June and July to register for classes. To sign up, visit: https://www.tacoma.uw.edu/uwta%26r
- Transfer students must schedule an appointment with University Academic Advising to register for classes: https://www.tacoma.uw.edu/academic-advising-center/new-transfer-pre-major-advising
Complete your Transition Course
- Your Transition course is a required online course that will teach you important information about the University of Washington Tacoma. Visit this page for more information about your Transition course.
- You will receive an invitation in your UW email one month before orientation.
Complete the Orientation Requirement
The University of Washington has been taking actions to support the region’s efforts against the COVID-19 outbreak, including avoiding large, public gatherings. As a precaution to help prevent the spread of the virus, orientation will take place virtually.
YOU MUST COMPLETE THESE ITEMS TO FULFILL THE ORIENTATION REQUIREMENT:
- Watch the virtual orientation stream on YouTube starting September 18: www.youtube.com/c/UWTacomaExtended
- Complete the Transition course, your online orientation introduction to UW Tacoma: canvas.uw.edu
- Submit all immunization paperwork: www.tacoma.uw.edu/immunization
- Submit your Husky Card photo: https://apps.tacoma.uw.edu/online-id-requ