New Student Orientation
The University of Washington has been taking actions to support the region’s efforts against the COVID-19 outbreak, including avoiding large, public gatherings. As a precaution to help prevent the spread of the virus, orientation will take place virtually.
For current information about campus operations, please read the Coronavirus/COVID-19 Facts and Resource: https://www.tacoma.uw.edu/about-uw-tacoma/coronaviruscovid-19-facts-resource
You must complete these items to fulfill the orientation requirement:
- Watch the New Student Orientation Playlist on YouTube starting September 18: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-r-Ht1OarqDx2nCKDRbRfWskEN5Ej4M6
- Complete the Transition course, your online orientation introduction to UW Tacoma: canvas.uw.edu
- Submit all immunization paperwork: www.tacoma.uw.edu/immunization
- Submit your Husky Card photo: https://apps.tacoma.uw.edu/online-id-request/
2020 New Student Curbside Pick-Up
We’re excited to welcome all new undergraduate students this fall and to start this year with a celebratory curbside pick-up! At this event, you will pick up a welcome packet and UW swag. A small team of UW Tacoma staff will be there to say hello and celebrate you joining our community!
When will this take place?
- The curbside pick-up will happen on the day of your orientation session. This event is OPTIONAL.
- In September you will receive an email with a pre-assigned 15 minute time slot to come to campus.
- If you are unable to/do not want to come, your welcome packet and swag will be mailed to your local address. You can check your local address by logging into MyUW here: http://my.uw.edu/.
- It’s important that we all keep each other safe and healthy. Please stay home from the event if: you are sick or have illness symptoms, have received positive test results for a COVID-19 infection within the past 14 days, or if you have been in close contact with someone who has a COVID-19 infection within the past 14 days.
- Wearing masks is REQUIRED to participate in this event. We ask that you try to come by yourself, but if you’re unable to drive, we ask that both people in the front seat wear masks.
Complete these steps:
- Let us know if you want to attend by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/sWSr7ay9NCaYHBD36
- Watch the video below:
What do I need to bring?
- A mask
- Hand sanitizer
- Photo identification - a drivers license, a passport, a military ID, or a school ID with your photo.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions about the curbside pick-up.
Disability Resources for Students
To request disability accommodation, including American Sign Language interpretation, contact the Disability Resources for Students office at 253-692-4508, firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a request at http://www.tacoma.uw.edu/UWTDRS/eventaccess, preferably at least 10 days in advance of the event.