The UW Latino Health Center held the third annual Latinx Faculty Recognition Event in May to recognize scholarly achievements of Latina and Latino faculty in 2018-19 across the three campuses of UW. Thirty-three faculty members were honored. Attendees included UW President Ana Mari Cauce, Provost Mark Richards, Regent Rogelio Riojas, and deans, chairs, colleagues, family, friends and students of honorees.
Four UW Tacoma faculty were recognized.
Dr. Paulo Barreto
School of Engineering & Technology
Dr. Barreto published three articles over the past year:
- “Faster key compression for isogeny-based cryptosystems,” in 9th Annual PQCrypto 2018 conference proceeding, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., April 2018.
- “A class of safe and efficient binary Edwards curves,” Journal of Cryptographic Engineering, v8, i4, Nov 2018
- “DAGS: Key encapsulation using dyadic GS codes,” Journal of Mathematical Cryptology, v12, i4, Dec 2018
Dr. Sonia De La Cruz
Culture, Arts & Communication/School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences
Dr. De La Cruz produced a documentary film in collaboration with Bob Bussel of the University of Oregon Labor Education & Research Center:
- “The Care Revolution: The Transformation of Home Healthcare in Oregon” documents the transformation of home health care in Oregon since workers gained union representation in 2001.
Dr. Ariana Ochoa Camacho
Social & Historical Studies/School of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences
Dr. Ochoa Camacho was awarded the Woodrow Wilson Career Enhancement Fellowship:
- The Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation named 32 new Career Enhancement Fellows for 2019, including Dr. Ochoa Camacho, who will receive a six-month fellowship that will provide a sabbatical stipend; a research, travel or publication stipend; mentoring; and participation in a late-summer professional development retreat.
Dr. Anaid Yerena
Urban Studies Program (School of Urban Studies as of July 10, 2019)
Dr. Yerena published an article:
- “Neighborhood Concerns and Mobilization Patterns of Homeowners and Neighborhood Associations,” Journal of Policy Management & Social Policy, v24 n2, Spring 2018
John Burkhardt, UW Tacoma Communications, 253-692-4536 or email@example.com