Fourth of July closure
The UW Tacoma campus will be closed Wednesday, July 4.
Open House/Graduate Program Night at UW Tacoma
June 21 from 4 to 8 p.m.
Garretson Woodruff Pratt Building main atrium and Dougan Building, Room 280
Interested in a bachelor's degree? Ready for your master's degree? UW Tacoma can help you reach your potential. Learn more about graduate and undergraduate programs at the combined campus Open House/Graduate Program Night Thursday, June 21. All participants are encouraged to take advantage of free admission to neighborhood galleries and museums during Tacoma's monthly Artwalk. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions Advising and Outreach at (253) 692-4742.
- Open House: 4 to 7 p.m., Garretson Woodruff Pratt Building atrium. All prospective UW Tacoma students can learn about UW Tacoma's academic programs and financial aid opportunities and tour the UW Tacoma campus. Undergraduate advisors will be available to meet with students.
- Graduate Program Night: 6 to 8 p.m., Dougan Building, Room 280. Students interested in graduate programs can learn about post-baccalaureate degrees at UW Tacoma. Advisors from each UW Tacoma graduate program will be available to meet with students.
Certificate program graduation
June 21 from 6 to 8 p.m.
The UW Tacoma Office of Continuing Education will honor about 60 students who are graduating from five nine-month certificate programs at this special ceremony. Speakers will include Tom Spilman, president of KeyBank's South Puget Sound district, and Patricia Spakes, chancellor of UW Tacoma. The event is free and open to the public.
Advising Tuesday at UW Tacoma
July 3 from Noon to 1 p.m.
Garretson Woodruff Pratt Building, Room 320
Interested in earning a UW degree in Tacoma, but don't know where to begin? Come to UW Tacoma Advising Tuesday. On the first Tuesday of every month, UW Tacoma admissions advisors host an information session to answer questions about the university and offer campus tours and admissions advising for anyone who is interested in applying to UW Tacoma as a freshman or transfer student. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions Advising and Outreach at (253) 692-4742.
Program information sessions: Already know which UW Tacoma degree you want? Learn more about our programs at one of these information sessions:
- Master of Education with K-8 Teacher Certification, 11 a.m. Thursday, June 28, West Coast Grocery Building, Room 106.
- Bachelor of Arts, Computing and Software Systems/Computer Engineering, 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 3, Cherry Parkes Building, room 206C.
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 3, Garretson Woodruff Pratt Building, Room 220.
- Bachelor of Arts, Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences/Urban Studies: 1 p.m. Tuesday, July 3, West Coast Grocery Building, Room 106.
"Inner Limits" exhibit at UW Tacoma gallery
Through June 30
UW Tacoma Gallery, 1742 Pacific Ave.
"Inner Limits," a video and sculpture exhibit by New York artist Betsy Alwin, will be on display at the UW Tacoma gallery in May and June. An installation that playfully expresses concepts of distance, time and geography, "Inner Limits" incorporates video footage of the Pacific and Atlantic oceans and a five-foot kaleidoscope exploring changing landscapes of the earth. Gallery hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fridays, or by appointment. For more information, contact Jamie Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to check out the UW Tacoma campus? Take a tour.
Science Building, Room 105
Get the grand tour of the UW Tacoma campus. Tours are offered every Tuesday, and begin in the Science Building, Room 105. Learn more at www.tacoma.uw.edu/enrollmentservices/admissions/visit.
UW Tacoma This Week is a service of the University of Washington Tacoma's Public Relations & Communications office. For more information on these events or other UW Tacoma news, call (253) 692-4536.