Main page content

Study Abroad Online Account Login

Students apply to study abroad through a system called Studio Abroad.  If you have questions or cannot access your account, contact or call 253.692.4426. 

UW Study Abroad (Seattle)

This office manages all international study opportunities for the UW Seattle and Bothell campuses. UW Tacoma students are eligible to participate in most of these programs, and are encouraged to consider the vast range of options available.

UW Student Abroad Insurance

Study abroad insurance coverage is required. We recommend UW students take advantage of the UW Student Abroad Insurance, as an easy and affordable option. Students with personal insurance may petition for a UW Study Abroad Insurance waiver. Details can be found at the bottom of the page on UW Student Abroad Insurance.

UW Study Abroad Administrative Fees

Students who study abroad on one of our programs pay a UW Tacoma Study Abroad Administrative Fee as well as a UW Seattle Study Abroad Administrative Fee. This page explains what that money is used for.

Sample Application Questions

The study abroad application consists of four main components, including three essay questions. To see examples of these essay questions, click on the link above. 

Letters of Recommendation

Those interested in studying abroad must submit one recommendation from a professor, advisor, staff member or supervisor as part of your study abroad application. Learn more about this process by clicking on the link above. 


Need to get or renew a passport? This website explains the process.

Visas and expedited passports

The UW has a contract with A Briggs Passport & Visa Expeditors for expedited services at discounted fees. For more information about this service, see the UW A Briggs Q&A or you may go directly to the UW A Briggs website.

U.S. State Department

Want to learn more about a specific country before applying to a program? Need to make sure you're prepared once you've been accepted to a program? This website is a comprehensive resource, whether you'd just like to learn more about a country, or are looking for a specific travel or health warning. Once you have been accepted to your study abroad program, you may consider signing up for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), which is a free service which allows U.S. citizens to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Currency Exchange

Curious how far your spending money will go in terms of foreign currency? This website can tell you.