- Full-Time Enrollment: Full-time quarterly enrollment for graduate students is 10 credits.
- Attendance: All students are expected to attend all Friday/Saturday sessions; missing one Friday/Saturday session is the equivalent of missing 16 hrs of face-to-face instruction for one quarter. See page 22 of the Student Handbook for more information.
- Academic Expectations: All work submitted to an instructor in fulfillment of course assignments, including papers and projects, written and oral examinations, and oral presentations and reports, must be free of plagiarism. See page 22 of the Student Handbook for more information.
- Writing Requirements: All assignments must adhere to the guidelines outlined in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition (APA).
- Auditing a Course: Non-enrolled Ed.D. students are not allowed to audit Ed.D. courses.
Technology Requirements of the Online Learner
- The Department of Information Technology provides computing, media, and academic technology support across the UW Tacoma Campus.
- All newly enrolled students must create a UW NetID. Visit the IT Connect webpage for instructions on how to set up a UW NetID.
- For UW email account set-up, visit the Email webpage on the Information Technology website, or contact the IT Help desk at email@example.com or 253-692-HELP.
- Visit the Appropriate Use webpage for information related to the policy statements concerning the conditions under which faculty, staff, and students are expected to use the University of Washington email system.
- MyUW is a customized Web portal site for use by students, staff, and faculty of the UW. More information can be found on page 34 of the Student Handbook.
Proof of Immunization
All enrolled students are required to provide proof of measles (rubeola) immunity. Students will not be allowed to register for any classes until the UW Tacoma Registrar's Office confirms that they have satisfied this requirement. Students born before 01/01/57 are considered to be immune to measles and therefore do NOT need to submit proof of immunity. For more information, contact the Office of the Registrar at 253-692-4913 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policies and Procedures
Students are responsible for knowing policies and procedures as outlined by the UW Graduate School, the Education Program, and the University of Washington Tacoma.
On-leave policy: Students will be required to complete an on-leave form and pay the fee for EACH quarter they wish to be on leave. Important links for On-leave Status:
- On-Leave policy to maintain Graduate student status
- Request for On-Leave Status
- Graduate students who are on approved leave are eligible to register for the quarter immediately following the expiration of the on-leave period.
If a student becomes inactive (does not go on-leave and does not register for any given quarter) and wishes to enroll in a future quarter, there will be a $250 reinstatement fee: Graduate request for reinstatement. Requests will first be reviewed and approved by the department. Once the department has approved the request and the Graduate School has confirmed student's eligibility for reinstatement, students will be notified to pay a non-refundable reinstatement fee before registering for the requested quarter of reinstatement. More information can be found on page 25 of the Student Handbook.
To schedule an academic advising appointment, please contact Ashley Walker, the Ed.D. Advisor (email@example.com; 253-692-4367).
- PRACTICUM Forms (more information on pages 14-17 of Student Handbook)
- CAPSTONE Forms (more information on pages 17-21 of Student Handbook)
Syllabi Service Statements
Policies and Expectations:
- Academic calendar
- Campus Safety Information
- Electronic Devices should be discussed with your instructor.
- Email Policy
- Inclement Weather
- Plagiarism & Academic Honesty
- Safe Campus
- Technology Requirements for Online Learning
- Disability Support Services (Office of Student Success)
- Library Home Page
- Online Support for Your Course Work
- Teaching & Learning Center
- Technology Support
Self and Family Support:
- Counseling Center (Office of Student Success)
- Oasis Center
- Policy on Children in Class - it is up to the decretion of the school or course instructor.
- Resources for low income/people experiencing homeless: http://mdc-hope.org
- Shelter for Yound Adults Near Our Campus
- Short-term Loan Program
- Student Success Monitoring Program
- The Pantry
- UWT Student Health Center
Additional Student Links
- Bias Incident Reporting
- Commencement Website
- Department of Information Technology, The
- Education Program
- Enrollment Services
- Equity and Inclusion, Office of
- FERPA Information
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Graduate School
- Infants/Children in Class Policy
- Library Research Guide - Educational Leadership
- Library Research Guide - Healthcare Leadership
- Library Research Guide - Nursing and Health
- Library Writing Guides
- Lost & Found
- Motorist Assistance
- Nursing & Healthcare Leadership Program
- Pantry, The
- Parking Permits
- Travel to Campus
- Tuition Payment
- UW Tacoma Course Catalog
- UW Tacoma Time Schedule and Registration Guide