Thursday, April 5, 2018
Seattle Airport Marriott
Opening Keynote - What do we mean by Wanting a Job that Makes a Difference?
What do EMPLOYEES mean when they say they want a purpose-driven career and how do employers answer their plea? Rachel Sumekh will address the growing expectation gap that exists between employee and employer.
- Rachel Sumekh, CEO, Swipe Out Hunger
Research Presentation - How Business Influences Politics, Opportunities, and Challenges
Global Strategy Group shares data-based findings on the business value for corporations demonstrating leadership on political and social issues and the cost if they do not.
- Julie Hootkin, Partner, and Josh Chaitin, Senior VP and Managing Partner - Global Strategy Group
Panel Discussion #1 - Next Generation of Leadership
Hear from a panel of next-generation purpose driven leaders on what social good means to them in the private sector, in their own career path and to populations who are often without a seat at the table in the CSR world.
- Moderator: Leone Kraus, The Mountaineers
- Francis Holuba, Founder, Chief Social Architects
- Carina Weyer, Director, Campaign Engagement - Western Region, Global Impact
- Rachel Hutchisson, VP Corporate Citizenship & Philanthropy, Blackbaud
Keynote Luncheon - Impact Driven Professionals
- Andy Schneider, Vice President of People, Alaska Airlines
Breakout Roundtable Discussions (Choose one)
- Emphasizing the Individual in CSR Engagement Strategies, Rachel Hutchisson, Blackbaud
- Purpose and CSR, Nicole Resch, Imperative
- UWT Case Competition Students - The winning presentation on Millennial Strategies at Premera
Panel Discussion #2 - Impact Hiring
Converse with panelists as they discuss how businesses might engage with and support diverse communities.
- Moderator: Jenn Rea, Global Strategy Group
- Amelia Ransom, Sr. Director, Engagement & Diversity, Avalara
- Sophia Arellano, Recruitment Coordinator, MOD Pizza
- Mary Douglas, Director of Community Engagement, MOD Pizza
- Sandy Capell, Corporate Responsibility Manager, Subaru
Continue the conversation with snacks and drinks. Connect with old friends and start new conversations as we end the day with a toast to the future of the important work we do.
Many thanks to our 2018 conference sponsors:
Interested in sponsoring this conference and supporting the efforts of the University of Washington's Center for Leadership & Social Responsibility?
Details of sponsorship levels and benefits are available by request. There are many benefits associated with sponsoring this conference, not to mention the joy of supporting excellence at the UW Tacoma Milgard School of Business through the Center for Leadership and Social Responsibility.
The resources generated from this event will be used to further the mission of the Center for Leadership and Social Responsibility – "To develop socially responsible leaders who build sustainable organizations and communities."
Now, more than ever, we need to support the ethical development of our students to prepare them for the challenges that face business leaders in a global economy. The programs of the Center are designed to challenge students, faculty and business to build organizations that will contribute to a vibrant and healthy community.
Please contact Joe Lawless at (253) 692-5685 or email@example.com if you are interested in partnering with us as a conference sponsor.
Highlights from our March 2016 conference.
Highlights from our March 2015 conference.