Diploma Holds

Main page content

A hold will stop you from either registering or getting a copy of your academic records, including your diploma and transcript. Your degree will be posted to your record but a hold will prevent issue of your diploma until your account is clear.  A Registration or Transcript hold is placed on your student record if you have an outstanding financial obligation to the University or have not met a particular enrollment requirement.

Removing a hold

A hold is not removed until you resolve the problem which caused the issuing department to place the hold on your record. If you have questions about a hold placed on your account for financial reasons, please contact Student Fiscal Services at the UW Seattle campus at sfshelp@uw.edu. For questions about other holds, see the Registration/Transcript Holds section on the Registration Eligibility page.