Tuition Reduction for Non-Resident Refugees and Asylees

Main page content

You are eligible to pay reduced tuition and fees if you are classified as a refugee/asylee by the Immigration and Naturalization Service. Your spouse and dependent children are also eligible for this exemption.

The reduction does not classify you as a Washington state resident; however, it reduces the amount of the nonresident portion of tuition. The waiver is restricted to persons who reside in Washington state and to four (4) consecutive quarters from their arrival in Washington state. For additional information, please refer to the Washington Administrative Code (WAC), section 478-160-163.

Complete the application section below and attach a copy of your I-94 form, Departure Record, and documentation that attests to your arrival in Washington state. If you are requesting the exemption on behalf of your child or spouse, you must also attach verification of their status, e.g., marriage or birth certificate, top portion of tax return, etc.

Return the application to: Office of the Registrar, located in MAT 253, or mail to: Office of the Registrar, 1900 Commerce Street, Campus Box 358400, Tacoma, WA 98402.

Tuition Reduction for Non-Resident Refugees and Asylee Application Form