American Indian Students

Main page content

American Indian students who meet the following two conditions are eligible to pay resident tuition at colleges and universities in the state of Washington:

  • For a period of one year immediately prior to enrollment at a state institution of higher education, students must have been domiciled in one or a combination of the following states: Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington.
  • Students must be a member of one of the federally recognized Indian tribes, as determined under Title 25 of the Code of Federal Regulations (25CFR), whose traditional and customary tribal boundaries included portions of the state of Washington, or whose tribe was granted reserved lands within the state of Washington.

See Federally Recognized Tribes Eligible for Resident Tuition in Washington State for a complete list of eligible tribes.

If you qualify under these conditions, please download the Resident Tuition for American Indian Students PDF.