Throughout the five years of Charting Our Course, the Chancellor will commit a portion of the university’s general operating budget to invest in initiatives that advance one or more of the plan’s Impact Goals. This Strategic Initiative Fund (SIF) will invest in innovations, collaborations and efficiencies that help achieve Charting Our Course’s Impact Goals and that demonstrate progress on the plan’s success indicators.
The Strategic Plan Coordinating Committee (SPCC) coordinates the SIF proposal process, reviews proposals and makes funding recommendations to the Executive Budget Committee. When considering which initiatives it will recommend for funding the, SPCC will prioritize the following:
- Proposals that support students and student success most directly,
- Proposals with the most impact on one or more Impact Goals,
- Proposals that effectively collaborate with internal or external partners, and
- Proposals that have the most opportunity for lasting impact on our campus and community.
In addition, when reviewing proposals, the SPCC aims to create balance across campus units and Impact Goals to the degree possible.
Strategic Initiative Funding - Round 2
For the second round of Strategic Initiative Funding, we are encouraging project submissions that are in alignment with one or more of the 6 Impact Goals of the Strategic Plan. There is a cap of $10,000 per project, and projects should be completed by December 1, 2019.
Projects will be rated by the Strategic Plan Coordinating Committee based upon the four criteria listed above. A separate committee, selected and approved by SPCC, will be formed to make award recommendations based upon the SPCC ratings. Those recommendations will be made to the campus Executive Budget Committee on January 28.
- Deadline for applications is December 20, 2018
- $100,000 in funding is available for SIF 2.0 projects
- Award amounts will be up to $10,000
- Minimum request amount is $2,500
- No course releases
- Budgeted salaries must include benefits
- Proposals from currently funded SIF initiatives will be accepted, however, they must build upon and extend the current project and work toward sustainability.
- Timeline for SIF 2.0
|November 19||Information Session|
|December 20||Submission Deadline|
|Jan 2-23||Committee Review|
|January 30||Notification of Awards|
|February 1||Project Start Date|
|December 1||Project End Date|
|December 31||Final Reports Due|
If you need help filling out your application or budget, or have questions, please contact Joe Lawless, 253-692-5685 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategic Initiative Funding - Round 1 Funded Projects
- Arts Building Community
- Collaborative Community Engaged Scholarship
- Constructive Engagement Dialog Series
- Designing Institutional Support for Community Engaged Work
- Street Law and Urban Debate
- New Student Collaborative Experience & Data for Building a Learning Commons
- Prospective Student Dreams: Designing Rich Experiences Around Majors
- Office of Student Advocacy and Suport
- Transforming Global Learning Oportunities at UW Tacoma