The Milgard School of Business cultivates business leaders through cutting edge and personally accessible education, diverse scholarly exploration, and innovative community engagement while promoting social responsibility. We inspire students to become lifelong learners.
The Milgard School of Business transforms our communities through innovative thinking, compassionate leadership, and exemplary stakeholder engagement.
- Use high impact practices (https://www.aacu.org/leap/hips) to deliver on the promise of a transformational learning experience for students
- Create and disseminate knowledge through diverse intellectual contributions
- Offer distinctive programs and centers responsive to community needs and market demands
- Equip students for meaningful and successful careers
- Cultivate alumni to serve as ambassadors supporting the business community, one another and the school
- Invest in faculty and staff to optimize the potential in their careers and contributions to the school
- Bolster an inclusive culture built on trust, respect, collaboration and constructive dialogue
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BABA) options of study:
- General Business
Master of Accounting (MAcc)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA)
Master of Cybersecurity & Leadership (MCL) offered jointly with the Institute of Technology
We are actively engaged in enhancing student learning with excellent and innovative teaching. We maintain and strengthen a student-oriented learning environment in which faculty and staff are accessible to students, responsive to their interests, and engaged with the student experience.
We respect the contributions our faculty members make in basic, applied and pedagogical scholarship. We appreciate that as individual faculty member's careers advance, their research interests and emphasis will evolve.
We build upon and extend our strong partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff work in collaboration to advance excellent teaching and scholarship. Staff is integral and vital in making collaborative contributions that enhance the overall learning environment.
The Milgard School of Business at the University of Washington Tacoma has earned accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), as determined by the Board of Directors of AACSB International. AACSB was founded in 1916, AACSB International is the longest serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in business and accounting.