The certificate program is designed to meet the needs of post-baccalaureate students who would like to complete training in nonprofit studies. The requirements are the same as for the Nonprofit Studies minor. The certificate allows students who have already completed a bachelor’s degree to complete the nonprofit studies curriculum.
Undergraduate students also earn the certificate when they complete the minor.
The Nonprofit Studies minor requires 25 credits. All courses in the minor must be completed with a cumulative 2.0 GPA. Please see an adviser to discuss details.
- Nonprofit Core Course: 5 credits
- Nonprofit Organizations: 5 credits. Take one of these:
- Nonprofit Financial Literacy/Grant Writing: 5 credits. Take one of these:
- Electives: 5 credits minimum. Take at least one of the following:
- TBUS 300 Managing Organizations (if not taken for Organizations credits)
- TMGMT 465 Board Governance I and TMGMT 466 Board Governance II (7 credits)
- TNPRFT 432 Organization Development (if not taken for Organizations credits)
- TNPRFT 448 Cultural Administration and Policy
- TNPRFT 451 Essentials of Grant Writing (if not taken for Financial Literacy/Grant Writing credits)
- TNPRFT 453 Nonprofit Financial Literacy (if not taken for Financial Literacy/Grant Writing credits)
- TNPRFT 455 Philanthropy and Social Change
- Elective (5 credits) to be determined in conjunction with the nonprofit faculty
- Nonprofit Practicum: 5 credits